BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Haiti & Japan Necklaces.



It's surprising what you can find yourself doing after somebody else creates the first idea. These two pictures are of my Japan and Haiti necklaces. I haven't exactly mastered how to turn the Haiti one into a braclet yet and my dad said it looked better as a necklace. I am originally putting this necklaces on sale for charity. Since I'm not allowed to give my money, I came up with this idea. Both are for the charity; Music For Relief. Which is Linkin Park's charity. I am doing something special I am giving away free necklaces to my Twitter friends that are overseas since I have no idea how to transfer it over to Music For Relief.


So let me tell you about the design of these necklaces. The one on the top is the Japan necklace. Mike Shinoda did two shirt designs. One had a Butterfly and the other had "Not Alone" with Japan's flag colors as font colors. Well I used both for my necklace. On each necklace I make there will be a butterfly charm of a different color. I do two white beads to start it out and one red bead. I actually didn't plan on having 6 red beads but I think it's kind of a nice touch since they're 6 guys in Linkin Park.


The last picture is for Haiti, its rather long than I intended for it to be but it works. I really wanted this one to be a bracelet but I haven't learned to get it all to work. I kept the colors that were on the heart for Donate To Haiti CD cover. Green, tan, and red, (it looked tan to me). There are 13 green and red beads at each end and luckily Walmart had wooden Alphabet beads so I wouldn't have to use white Alphabet beads. The reason I wanted the wooden Alphabet beads was because of one reason, wood is for rebuilding. Since they are rebuilding the whole city.


For all my Twitter friends that are overseas, please email me at workmanmeghan@hotmail.com with what you want, give me your name/Twitter name. You are getting them free! So nobody has to purchase since I don't know to do that. Please be patient with these too, I'm not the fastest person with these since I am doing all these with my feet. :)

0 comments: