BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Music Turned Me. Pop Edition.

Music turns alot of heads. Especially, musicians that change their music type. Some start in one type of genre and sometime after their second blows up they change everything up. Usually its just a one time deal. Like if a musician/singer/band does a Christmas album, that's a usually a one time deal and you automatically know what month its going to come out.

Some artists are not just a "one time" deal. They go all out just to change what people have heard or what they heard the artist play before. Stephen Jerzak is one example, my sister likes him a lot. She's use to his Acoustic songs then his other songs. When an artist changes from one type sometimes they lose fans. Because the fans were used to one way, they usually hate the change.

What made me think of this I was listening to the Backstreet Boys for the first time in a month. I know how sad, especially when they were my first band, CD, and the only reason to get my first stereo. That was a long time ago. I will always like them, don't get me wrong, but has anyone listened to their last two albums? "Unbreakable" was in 2004, I liked the singles but the album sucked. Then last October they're "This Is Us" like I said I liked the first single but that was it. And they posted on their Twitter they're recording a new album, I'm screwed.

Anyways, you remember the "old" Backstreet Boys songs? Loveable right? Tell me what the hell happened? I know artists want to change, but man! That's a pretty big jump. Teen pop in the 90s to a little bit more Pop/R&B in 2004. Some of the songs were like their stuff but we've all grown up, they should too. When N'Sync broke up Justin Timberlake went from boy band teen pop to pop/hip hop. Nobody's complained about him because it was like the other guys of N'Sync were his back up singers. JC was the second singer in N'Sync but when he went out on his own nobody cared.

0 comments: