BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thats A W(RAP)!

I have always liked music. My first genre of music was Rap. My mom grew up in the 80s so everything that she liked she would play around me. My first song of rap that I liked was "Whatta Man" by Salt-n-Pepa. I would sing the lyrics and dance on the floor and my wheelchair and I really liked it. Being born in the 90s, I grew up listening to some country (because of my dad) and turning into a lover of what some people call it "bubble gum pop." Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, Britney Spears, 98 Degrees, and Christina Aguilera to just to name a few.



In 2003, I watched a movie called "8 Mile" which has Eminem in it. I loved "Lose Yourself" and I've loved his other songs. I was more into 50 Cent and his group G Unit. I had two 50 Cent CDs and the first G Unit CD. I loved G Unit's song "Smile" Lloyd Banks has a really voice. I like Lloyd Banks but I don't like Tony Yayo, and I have his first album. Young Buck is good too even though he's no longer in G Unit anymore. I liked Game too, but when the whole faud I was on 50 Cent's side. Well now I'm on either side.

When a person like me notices something about a persons words it takes a lot of that person to not really overreact especially when something comes out of a musicians mouth. Things got pretty interesting after the day I decided to REALLY listen to Eminem's lyrics to "Gatman & Robin." I don't like when people make fun of disabled people, both physically and mentally. Its just not nice to be honest with you. If you chose to put a handicapped person in your lyrics your an asshole. I didn't listen to 50 Cent or Eminem for a year. I hardly listen to 50 Cent anymore. Eminem it just depends. What's weird about it is that Eminem said it but it was on 50 Cent's album.

Since this has happened I've find it hard to listen to other rappers because you never know whats going to come out of their mouths. I can't listen to anybody without thinking about if they're going to say anything that can be hurtful. I actually only listen to a small number of rappers. Like, Pitbull and Will.I.Am. The only time I listen to rap music or hip hop music in general is when I'm watching a movie. Mostly a dancy movie or an action based movie.

0 comments: